Pretty "print_r" with some additional features
nf_pp is a class designed to emulate PHP function "print_r" with some additional features.
- print scalar variables, arrays, object, resources;
- highlight data types;
- highlight properties scope;
- visualize values of the boolean and NULL variables;
- show resource type;
- trim long strings;
- print tree-like view for arrays and objects;
- fold nodes in arrays and objects;
- fold whole tree or unfold tree to a certain key;
- display file and line where the function was called;
- print elapsed time between function calls;
- search in keys and values (hit ENTER or Shift+ENTER in search field to navigate).
nf_pp.php file, create an object and pass options to it.
include 'nf_pp.php'; $pp = new nf_pp( array( 'trimString' => 0 ) );
And use it.
$pp->pp( $val1 ); $pp->pp( $val2 );
If you don't like to create an object, you can use a shortcut function.
pp( $val, array( 'trimString' => 0 ) );
trimString — Default value is 1000 simbols. 0 — disable trimming.
autoCollapsed — Fold tree. Default value is
autoOpen — Array of keys or a single key which will be used to unfold the tree.
You can pass options to the function as an array or one by one in any order. For example:
pp( $val, 300, 'key' );
pp( $val, 'key', 0 );
pp( $val, 'key' );
Options are determined by types. If number is passed, then it is
trimString option. If boolean is passed, then it is
autoCollapsed option. If string is passed, then it is
Online demo can be found here http://demo.alexxxnf.ru/print_r/.
Print an array. Demo
pp( $val );
Print folded array. Demo
pp( $val, TRUE );
Print folded array and unfold it to keys "c" and "subarray". Demo
pp( $val, array( 'autoOpen' => array( 'c', 'subarray' ) ) );
Print folded array and unfold it to key "c". Demo
pp( $val, array( 'autoOpen' => array( 'c' ) ) );
pp( $val, 'c' );