A customized 3.0.2 VersionPress plugin.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: all I did about VersionPress in this repo was change an internal function which used a hardcoded string "wp" to call WP-CLI commands. This is a problem to some of my project which use Composer to maintain the WP-CLI version and packages. Also I used this repository to control VersionPress into Packagist to control its version with Composer too. Feel free to use this or send these changes as PR to the official maintainer.
Git-based version control plugin for WordPress. Undo any change, branch & merge easily, migrate database content between environments and more. http://versionpress.net/
VersionPress is young 🐣 . It works fine on simpler sites and you're encouraged to try it in your development workflows but there are no guarantees that it will work reliably, especially with complex 3rd party plugins and themes. Learn more & see the roadmap.
To use VersionPress:
- Make sure you read the Early Access notes.
- Download the latest version from GitHub releases. It must be the built ZIP, e.g.,
versionpress-3.0.zip, not the source codes ZIP!
- Install to your WordPress site.
- Read the quick start tutorial and part 2 on staging.
To develop VersionPress:
- Make sure you have tools like Git, NPM, Composer, WP-CLI etc. installed, see Dev-Setup.md.
- Clone this repo.
See CONTRIBUTING.md for more.
There are many ways to contribute:
- Developers, we'd love your help.
- Good at writing? Help maintain the docs.
- Found a bug? File an issue.
See CONTRIBUTING.md for more. Thank you!