WordPress boilerplate with modern development tools, easier configuration, and an improved folder structure
Bedrock is a modern WordPress stack that helps you get started with the best development tools and project structure.
- Better folder structure
- Dependency management with Composer
- Easy WordPress configuration with environment specific files
- Environment variables with Dotenv
- Autoloader for mu-plugins (use regular plugins as mu-plugins)
- Enhanced security (separated web root and secure passwords with wp-password-bcrypt)
- PHP >= 7.1
- Composer - Install
- Create a new project:
$ composer create-project roots/bedrock
- Update environment variables in the
DB_NAME- Database name
DB_USER- Database user
DB_PASSWORD- Database password
DB_HOST- Database host
WP_ENV- Set to environment (
WP_HOME- Full URL to WordPress home (https://example.com)
WP_SITEURL- Full URL to WordPress including subdirectory (https://example.com/wp)
- Add theme(s) in
web/app/themes/as you would for a normal WordPress site
- Set the document root on your webserver to Bedrock's
- Access WordPress admin at
Bedrock documentation is available at https://roots.io/bedrock/docs/.
Contributions are welcome from everyone. We have contributing guidelines to help you get started.
Help support our open-source development efforts by becoming a patron.
Keep track of development and community news.