Apigee Edge for Drupal.
The Apigee Edge module enables you to integrate Drupal 8 with Apigee Edge:
- Users that register or are added to the Drupal site will be added as developers in Apigee Edge.
- Click on "Apps" in user menu to get keys for the APIs exposed in Apigee Edge.
This module includes the following submodules:
- API product RBAC: enables administrators to configure access permissions to API products.
- Debug: enables administrators to configure and manage Apigee debug logs.
- Teams: enables developers to be organized into teams.
For more details read the Apigee Edge module documentation.
Support for Apigee hybrid API is now considered production ready. If you run into any problems, add an issue to our GitHub issue queue. Please note that Team APIs and Monetization APIs are not currently supported on Apigee hybrid.
- The Apigee Edge module requires Drupal 8.7.x or higher and PHP 7.1 or higher.
- Drupal 8's minimum requirement is phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock:2.0.4 but at least 3.0 is required by this module. If you get the error "Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages" it may be because you are running reflection-docblock version 2. You can update
phpdocumentor/reflection-docblockwith the following command:
composer update phpdocumentor/reflection-docblock --with-dependencies.
- Check composer.json for any required patches. Patches prefixed with "(For testing)" are only required for running tests. Those are not necessary for using this module. Patches can be applied with the cweagans/composer-patches plugin automatically or manually. See Applying Patches section below.
- (For developers) The locked commit from
behat/minklibrary is required otherwise tests may fail. This caused by a Drupal core bug. See the related pull request for behat/mink here.
Install the Apigee Edge module using Composer. Composer will download the Apigee Edge module and all its dependencies. Note: Composer must be executed at the root of your Drupal installation. For example:
cd /path/to/drupal/root composer require drupal/apigee_edge
For more information about installing contributed modules using composer, see the official documentation.
Click Extend in the Drupal administration menu.
Select the Apigee Edge module.
Configure the connection to your Apigee org
- If you do not configure the connection between Drupal and Apigee Edge, you will not be able to register developers on the site and may cause other issues with Drupal core functions. If you do not plan to configure the connection between Drupal and Apigee Edge, you should uninstall the Apigee Edge module.
- When you first install the module, existing users in the Drupal site may not have a developer account in Apigee Edge. You can run developer synchronization to make sure Drupal users and Apigee Edge developers are synchronized.
The Apigee Edge module may require Drupal core or contributed module patches to be able to work properly. These patches can be applied automatically when Apigee Edge module gets installed but for that your Drupal installation must fulfill the following requirements:
- cweagans/composer-patches >= 1.6.5 has to be installed.
- "Allowing patches to be applied from dependencies " has to be enabled in Drupal's composer.json.
- Proper patch level for drupal/core has to be set in Drupal's composer.json.
If you do not have all required patches applied in your Drupal installation you may experience some problems with the Apigee Edge module.
- File entity module. If you installed the File entity module then you are going to need the latest patch from this issue otherwise you can run into some problems.
This project, which integrates Drupal 8 with Apigee Edge, is supported by Google.